Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: So.... Caitlin Clark

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    theyre mad cause she's white
    Yup.

Some blacks really hate it when whites succeed in "their" turf.

I remember Bird's Cs winning a heated series against Isiah's Pistons. After the series Rodman said, and Isiah agreed, that Bird was getting overrated because he was white. The media went into a frenzy over it.

I am sure Bird didn't like the Pistons, they had a heated rivalry for years, but he gave no fs about the comments at all. He even gave a press conference with Isiah saying he didn't care.

Trash talk is part of the game. If you can't handle it then shut up and play. If you do talk then you can expect to be targeted.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I swear a lot of you don’t seem to even interact with black people in life. I’ve never heard anyone say anything negative about this girl period until people started acting like she shouldn’t be “disrespected” after doing it herself. I have friends and family who have been praising her nonstop since they became aware of her a couple weeks ago. You types make these people into great white hopes like anyone really cares they’re white and get them hates because of your behavior.

Nearly everyone of every color has been praising that girl for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I remember Bird's Cs winning a heated series against Isiah's Pistons. After the game Rodman said, and Isiah agreed, that Bird was getting overrated because he was white. The media went into a frenzy over it.

I am sure Bird didn't like the Pistons, they had a heated rivalry for years, but he gave no fs about the comments at all. He even gave a press conference with Isiah saying he didn't care.

Trash talk is part of the game. If you can't handle it then shut up and play. If you do talk then you can expect to be targeted.

I believe he said if Bird were black he’s just be another of the leagues good players and not the big deal he was in the media. I’ve never heard either he or Isiah say Bird wasn’t great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I believe he said if Bird were black he’s just be another of the leagues good players and not the big deal he was in the media. I’ve never heard either he or Isiah say Bird wasn’t great.

The actual quotes were:

"Larry Bird is a bit overrated and won three straight MVPs because he is white," Rodman said.

"I'd have to agree with Dennis. If he was black, he'd be just another good guy," Thomas added.
    So yeah they said Bird was overrated because he was white. It came off as sour grapes to me since they had Boston beat and blew it.

I remember Bird's Cs winning a heated series against Isiah's Pistons. After the series Rodman said, and Isiah agreed, that Bird was getting overrated because he was white. The media went into a frenzy over it.

Trash talk is part of the game. If you can't handle it then shut up and playIf you do talk then you can expect to be targeted.
    Did Clark say something or complain about it? I don't know, that's why I'm asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Did Clark say something or complain about it? I don't know, that's why I'm asking?

I doubt it. I would suspect she didn't care at the time but might be feeling the social media focus on it.

The reaction to it is pretty ridiculous.

The actual quotes were:

So yeah they said Bird was overrated because he was white. It came off as sour grapes to me since they had Boston beat and blew it.

Yea the “just be another good player” or whatever seems the point. They show the whole thing and have them talking about the reaction both at the time and more recently in what I think was Larry birds sport century episode on ESPN. I feel like one of them mentioned some other players like nique and Mark Aguirre as guys less famous which makes me think it was probably Isaiah responding to the controversy at the time, because Mark Aguirre was one of his best friends.

I doubt it. I would suspect she didn't care at the time but might be feeling the social media focus on it.

The reaction to it is pretty ridiculous.

I think she implied she didn’t even see it happen live. The entire story is created by outside reaction. Nobody on the floor seems to have a problem. I bet a coach does though. I could see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Yea the “just be another good player” or whatever seems the point. They show the whole thing and have them talking about the reaction both at the time and more recently in what I think was Larry birds sport century episode on ESPN. I feel like one of them mentioned some other players like nique and Mark Aguirre as guys less famous which makes me think it was probably Isaiah responding to the controversy at the time, because Mark Aguirre was one of his best friends.

Aquire only made 3 All-Star games and never even finished top 10 in MVP voting. He was at least two tiers below Bird.

Nique was in between the two. More talented than Aquire but not the best bbiq and pretty selfish.

Very good NBA starter

Caitlin played better on a worse team.
    Angel played well on a better overall team.

Caitlin is generational for wnba while angel is mostly an entrepreneur who is likely to do what makes her the most money.

Trash talking was great.nothing went out of line.

Caitlin is bad defensively and has that Damian luka energy.

Both bitches are cocky. One has a better team.

7-time NBA All-Star

She has man-like speed going right and a step-back but that's it - a 1-trick pony - she isn't that good and looks like a dominant junior high teenage boy - that's how she plays

It's amazing how today's fan knows the least about the sport they watch and fall for frauds that need constant excuses for their losses.. You'll see - this woman won't win shit and everyone will.make excuses for her or stack her team..

Almost no one is good enough anymore to win without special help or collusion. The reason for this is because the spaced-out, hands-off beginner format generates weaker players with massive holes in their game.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    She has man-like speed going right and a step-back but that's it - a 1-trick pony - she isn't that good and looks like a dominant junior high teenage boy - that's how she plays

It's amazing how today's fan knows the least about the sport they watch and fall for frauds that need constant excuses for their losses.. You'll see - this woman won't win shit and everyone will.make excuses for her or stack her team..

Almost no one is good enough anymore to win without special help or collusion. The reason for this is because the spaced-out, hands-off beginner format generates weaker players with massive holes in their game.
    She has great vision and can whip passes with both hands at multiple different angles in ways that most women can't.

It's also crazy how good of shooters they are in general. Despite having the same college line as the guys, LSU and Iowa combined to shoot like 56% from 3. Pretty nuts. Or course the shots are generally more open because they can't cover the space defensively the way guys can, but that wasn't always the case.

Very good NBA starter

Caitlin has a quick release and nba range. A
    She's also a pg.

Angel is great defensively and can rebound and score.

Caitlin has a chance to be Diana Taurasi with a bigger shooting range. Angel is 20... has some Candace Parker to her.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I don’t really understand why race has to be brought up in all of this. She’s a great player and who cares what colour she is. If you play great you’re gonna get praised. Doncic, Joker, etc all get praised when they play great, so does KD, Bron, Embiid, etc…

I never really watched WNBA, but this girl is really something and made me and apparently millions of others tune in to watch too (i’m sure itnwould be the same if she was black).When you do great things people will want to watch you do it.