Default Did Memphis make any moves???

I thought Conley and gasol were going to be moved??

They never make anything happen

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: Did Memphis make any moves???

Gasol to Hornets is still in play, they're talking holding off til draft time for a Conley trade. Conley surprisingly tanked the Utah trade because he didn't wanna go there. He said he'd prefer the Eastern Conference. Shocked he did something like that, but I guess he realllly wants an All-Star game selection before he retires. The DLo Russell All-Star selection after 2 good months probably made him snap.

On a lesser note, I thought Houston or some team (Philly before Harris trade?) should've gone after a Garret Temple/Jamychal Green package. Those two could really shore up a bench. Especially Green, he's under-the-radar starter quality, even on a good team. Very cheap for a quality 5th starter or 3rd big.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Everyone's blast the Raptors for talking Lowry Val for Gasol Conley and I'm like that would be awesome for the Raptors even though they are old with the Kawhi trade your trying to win this year Conley and Gasol ball in the playoffs Lowry and val have choked multiple seasons in a row and have shown time and again in big games this season Lowry's isn't up for the task. I dont remember Gasol and Conley ever being subpar in the post season just getting beat by alot better teams. Bring in fresh blood desperate to win cause they aren't beating the Celtics bucks or 76ers with Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by Matppak
    Everyone's blast the Raptors for talking Lowry Val for Gasol Conley and I'm like that would be awesome for the Raptors even though they are old with the Kawhi trade your trying to win this year Conley and Gasol ball in the playoffs Lowry and val have choked multiple seasons in a row and have shown time and again in big games this season Lowry's isn't up for the task. I dont remember Gasol and Conley ever being subpar in the post season just getting beat by alot better teams. Bring in fresh blood desperate to win cause they aren't beating the Celtics bucks or 76ers with Lowry.
    Val just wasn't enough. I feel like Lowry/Siakam would've been too much for Toronto to give up, but that's what it would've taken for Memphis to accept. Just not a close enough trade match. It would've made Toronto a better team though. The thing Memphis was always missing was a dynamic SG/SF, and Kawhi is leaps and bounds above what it would've taken to make Memphis a true contender.

[Wojnarowski] Toronto is nearing an agreement to land Marc Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

And Conley and Gasol are definitely playoff players. The only exception being when Draymond Green completely dismantled Gasol in '15 so badly I was embarrassed for him. But I suppose that was before the world realized how good Draymond actually was.

Well Memphis officially lost the trade deadline. Good god, hadn't been this bad since Thabeet