Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: 9 unarmed Blacks were killed by Police in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    He didn't kill anything. Blacks are far more likely than 2.85x to commit crimes AND violent crimes than whites, per capita. It's not even close.

If anything, based off of the above REALITY, NOT PERCEPTION... ACTUAL OBJECTIVE REALITY... the police response is disproportionately in favor of blacks. Only idiots who ignore numbers don't see it.

I've said it before and I'll say it a million times.

Once the media sinks their teeth into something and decides to lock onto a story and a narrative, they can convince you of anything.

If they wanted to, they could report every single time anyone gets hit by lightning, and guess what? They'd be reporting it every day if they so chose because people get hit by lightning every single day. Far more often than a cop unjustly kills someone, in fact. And then what? You'd be afraid to leave your ****ing house, because you're a borderline brain dead moron that doesn't take 5 seconds to think for himself.

Want proof? Look at the COVID actual impact vs COVID response by the nation. The media thinks for people. It's pathetic. You're pathetic. You're literally wasting my oxygen. Stop doing that.
    Very true. The repetitive media coverage and hyping creates an alternate world to low iqs who can’t see past their basic emotions, they get bamboozled into believing that extremely rare occurrences are actually an epidemic, driving them to seek “solutions” that are worse than the blown out of proportion problem.

We have a huge population that legitimately can’t think. Or they won’t think, refuse to actually. Some people enjoy being riled up in some strange way. They don’t want to think or reason or negotiate, they want to get super pissed and belligerent and argue about nothing productive. It gives them some sort of high, “rageaholic” being actually a very accurate term. You see this is very prevalent among the Orange man bad and the “libtard” haters. Both sides do have real points at times but on the large part they fall right into the category I was describing before.

Orange man bad vs the Libtards. It’s turned into a parallel to professional sports/WWE. Right down to the bumper stickers and baseball caps. Everyone wants to be on a team and talk shit without any attempt at listening. Lots of straw man arguments and poorly thought out statements. Base level iq stuff. It’s gotten pretty bad.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Hawker and Shogon spot on again with college stuff. primetime still stuck on dumbed-down stats about college. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    There are definitely programs and changes to current laws that would help black communities. Something like 75% of black kids grow up without a father figure, either because their father is incarcerated or because their parents are both underpaid and the mother cant collect any benefits if the father is living under the same roof... IMO figuring out a way to give young black men positive male role models would go light years toward fixing their problems later in life. The links between adult criminality and fatherless upbringings are crazy strong.
    reminds me of the famous Obama quote in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszQelEQ2KY

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    This shows white mofos need to stick up for their people. If they made a big deal about police brutality then maybe we could get somewhere with this issue.
    maybe white mofos don't consider other people w/ white skin as "their people" as much as other skin color groups

though we'll get there if we keep demonizing people for their skin color and keep dividing people by skin color

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid View Post
    I went out today just to chill - while the conservative snowflakes cower in their mothers basements furiously ranting about protestors. If they ever went outside and met a cute female protestor they would instantly convert from incel to simp and be BLM supporters
    you went out "just to chill" - good for you. i went out to work all day. not sure about mother's basements comment; that's more for communist group Antifa

Still waiting for your response here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2s-lives/page2

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Hawker and Shogon spot on again with college stuff. primetime still stuck on dumbed-down stats about college. :/

reminds me of the famous Obama quote in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszQelEQ2KY

maybe white mofos don't consider other people w/ white skin as "their people" as much as other skin color groups

though we'll get there if we keep demonizing people for their skin color and keep dividing people by skin color

you went out "just to chill" - good for you. i went out to work all day. not sure about mother's basements comment; that's more for communist group Antifa

Still waiting for your response here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2s-lives/page2
    Went out for a walk after working hours . Bro I'm not going back to a thread from a week ago - go take it up with the Columbia University researchers. I'm sure they'll be very interested in your expertise

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I went out today just to chill - while the conservative snowflakes cower in their mothers basements furiously ranting about protestors. If they ever went outside and met a cute female protestor they would instantly convert from incel to simp and be BLM supporters
    You went out to join your friends cause you're all unemployed. Probably unemployed prior to Covid and by choice. Us Conservatives are working, building strong families, and you guys? Kneeling in front of Black people and apologizing for your "Whiteness"

Went out for a walk after working hours . Bro I'm not going back to a thread from a week ago - go take it up with the Columbia University researchers. I'm sure they'll be very interested in your expertise
    the researchers made a model with their own assumptions baked in. they already know it's a wild estimation; they don't need me to tell them that.

you, on the other hand, eat up the mainstream media bullshit narratives that irresponsibly run stories about these models... and when you get called out on it you have nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Let me ask you a question, blade. Do you think I, or any one of us, make these threads to cause controversy? Do you think we make these threads to deny that there are injustices in the world?

I made this thread to point out that this hysteria of Black people dying at the hands of cops is unfounded. Why? Because the numbers prove it. I'm not denying that these deaths exist. I'm denying the need to destroy our country over it.

And you guys will come back with, "You just don't understand...blah blah blah". Well, you know what? There isn't anything to understand. Because what you're saying exists, doesn't exist. Your alternate reality of systemic racism is thoroughly destroyed when you compare 9 versus 19. But still, you find a way to believe the lie.
    Your whole point essentially was "Cops take advantage of blacks but so what? Whites are also taken advantage of so it doesn't matter". Almost as if that somehow justifies the cop behavior we have been seeing.

It's not even just about deaths by cops but the out of control cop behavior we have been seeing. Some of it can be justified by saying "blacks tend to be more violent up front", which is true due to the condition of their upbringing & poverty, but then the next step is to invest more resources in minority communities and education systems across the country. This must improve on a societal level.

Cops also tend to be rougher than they need to be often. Especially when it comes to the policing the minority communities. You could also make some policing changes. That Floyd death should have never happened, period. All 4 cops need to be behind bars and made an example of, which hopefully they will be. Accountability matters and your actions matter. Perhaps that will result from this as deterrence when the next cop decides to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    That's from 2015; of course it was much worse under Obama.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myt...sm-11591119883 Read and learn the facts.

Tucker detailed the 10 unarmed blacks who were shot dead by police in 2019. You should watch his show.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Very true. The repetitive media coverage and hyping creates an alternate world to low iqs who can’t see past their basic emotions, they get bamboozled into believing that extremely rare occurrences are actually an epidemic, driving them to seek “solutions” that are worse than the blown out of proportion problem.

We have a huge population that legitimately can’t think. Or they won’t think, refuse to actually. Some people enjoy being riled up in some strange way. They don’t want to think or reason or negotiate, they want to get super pissed and belligerent and argue about nothing productive. It gives them some sort of high, “rageaholic” being actually a very accurate term. You see this is very prevalent among the Orange man bad and the “libtard” haters. Both sides do have real points at times but on the large part they fall right into the category I was describing before.

Orange man bad vs the Libtards. It’s turned into a parallel to professional sports/WWE. Right down to the bumper stickers and baseball caps. Everyone wants to be on a team and talk shit without any attempt at listening. Lots of straw man arguments and poorly thought out statements. Base level iq stuff. It’s gotten pretty bad.
    Oh preach brother, preach!!

Your whole point essentially was "Cops take advantage of blacks but so what? Whites are also taken advantage of so it doesn't matter". Almost as if that somehow justifies the cop behavior we have been seeing.

It's not even just about deaths by cops but the out of control cop behavior we have been seeing. Some of it can be justified by saying "blacks tend to be more violent up front", which is true due to the condition of their upbringing & poverty, but then the next step is to invest more resources in minority communities and education systems across the country. This must improve on a societal level.

Cops also tend to be rougher than they need to be often. Especially when it comes to the policing the minority communities. You could also make some policing changes. That Floyd death should have never happened, period. All 4 cops need to be behind bars and made an example of, which hopefully they will be. Accountability matters and your actions matter. Perhaps that will result from this as deterrence when the next cop decides to do something like this.
    You clearly didn’t read what I wrote cause your response has nothing to do with what I said.

the researchers made a model with their own assumptions baked in. they already know it's a wild estimation; they don't need me to tell them that.

you, on the other hand, eat up the mainstream media bullshit narratives that irresponsibly run stories about these models... and when you get called out on it you have nothing to say.
    Any model has assumptions baked into it - any moron knows that. This is the best data we have. Do you just close your eyes and ignore research because it may not be 100% accurate?

That's from 2015; of course it was much worse under Obama.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myt...sm-11591119883 Read and learn the facts.

Tucker detailed the 10 unarmed blacks who were shot dead by police in 2019. You should watch his show.
    It might actually be a police issue. Check out the main link to the website that looks at 2013 to 2019.

Police are rarely held accountable for the people they kill. Sometimes it might be part of a shootout, but often not. And it does look like black people are more likely to die at hands of police or in police custody than white once we account in population numbers. It could be police culture, training, racism, fear of black people, black people more likely to break the law so more opportunities, societal issue, multiple things combined, etc

It might actually be a police issue. Check out the main link to the website that looks at 2013 to 2019.

Police are rarely held accountable for the people they kill. Sometimes it might be part of a shootout, but often not. And it does look like black people are more likely to die at hands of police or in police custody than white once we account in population numbers. It could be police culture, training, racism, fear of black people, black people more likely to break the law so more opportunities, societal issue, multiple things combined, etc

All the statistics when not factoring in population but using something that makes sense like the actual criminal number lean toward it being very similar number for each race but slightly skewed against these studies.