Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: You can either choose to believe this or not... but Trump is not establishment

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Liberals are centric libertarian and only use "left" talking points they expect personal gain from. Just like your random third wave feminist doesn't give a shit about social funds for retards. You willö rarely find working class or poor liberals. They're mostly young bourgeois people who are ashamed of their conservative upbringing, but will turn con when they reach some success in their life. True liberal leftists are pretty rare.

A real leftist wants more public intervention on issues individual citizens can't deal with. No profit at all costs economy etc.

RRR3, I'm a non "liberal" leftists. I want an open society, but IDC for PC etc. I'm more nihilistic about most points. Live and let live if you want so, but If I was in the US I'd be for stricter gun rules. Not taking them away, but obviously our system works. You can have your gun but no CC for example.

OT: Trump, unlike most politicians, was establishment before he turned politician. He is the definition of establishment. Dude was raised with a fn silverspoon.
    It’s shocking they can’t understand this.

Default Re: You can either choose to believe this or not... but Trump is not establishment

Look no farther than all the fabricated bullcrap they have come up with to try to get Trump out as proof he is not establishment. They invested heavily in a Russian collusion fairy tale followed by a fabricated quid pro quo proved false when the transcript was released yet they impeached him anyway. The they "advise" him to lock down the country on the biggest overreaction in history to kill the economy with the Chinese Flu fiasco. Now that the economy is coming back as red states open back up they push a race war where it apparently okay forget all the bullshit they said was required to stop the Wuhan virus from spreading. If Trump was establishment they would not waste so much time trying to get him out. When he wins in November they will lose their minds after everything they have tried over and over continues to fail.

Shogon wrong is usual. What a ****ing stupid thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    It’s shocking they can’t understand this.
    They also don't understand the first paragraphs. They're triggered by a non existing boogie man as there's no real left. Ironically some of the resident cons here agreed that there should be stricter labour laws in the US. A real leftwing talking point.

Yes, emancipation laws of any kind(race, sex, ****, whatever) are also leftist agendas, but most american rightwingers believe those are the only, the main ones, because that's more or less the only ones liberals present. I doubt you have more than 5% real leftists in the US, but Chewy would call anyone that voted Hillary a libtard. Hillary who's closer to Trump than anything remotely left. Actually from an European perspective Hillary had some more rightleaning agendas than Trump. Atleast before the election.
    Last edited by Overdrive; 06-06-2020 at 04:02 AM.

what's the difference between 'the establishment ' and the 'big club' that we ain't in? aren't they one and the same?

Quote Originally Posted by falc39 View Post
    Almost every president has done some good things but it has to be taken in the context of the whole. I actually liked candidate Trump. I was also realistic. Going into the election, I pegged him as someone who is a slightly better alternative to Hillary with the potential of being a lot more better. But what is potential unrealized? This isn't the beginning anymore when no one knew exactly what he was going to do. We have three plus years of his actions to look at, and to me, Trump's actions as a whole is not what this nation needs to have true long term prosperity. You don't have to agree with me but I can say that I do criticize Trump with the nearly the exact criteria that I criticized presidents Obama and Bush in the past.

Ok, you can't keep going to this. Just because you started a business that people aren't interested in buying products from doesn't automatically turn you into someone who has done their worth in solutions. You post a lot but the majority of your post are vitriol in nature. For someone who passionately wants to get people to support Trump, I just don't see how your posting does that; in fact, I'm pretty sure it does the opposite.

No matter how many times I try to persuade people to get out of a tribal mindset or to introduce a point of the bigger picture, it usually is ignored. Have you ever met someone who goes through life blaming others for their situation? Do they ever improve because of that? Nope. Turns out, it's not that much different on a national level. But it doesn't matter because people still fall into the traps of blaming China, or taking the extreme of sides. Trump uses China to hide all our economic problems and you cheer. Why? Meanwhile, ISH has turned into a 24/7 practice of race baiting and extreme tribalism and you take part in it. Maybe you can enlighten me on how these things are good because I feel they lead to nothing that is productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    They also don't understand the first paragraphs. They're triggered by a non existing boogie man as there's no real left. Ironically some of the resident cons here agreed that there should be stricter labour laws in the US. A real leftwing talking point.

Yes, emancipation laws of any kind(race, sex, ****, whatever) are also leftist agendas, but most american rightwingers believe those are the only, the main ones, because that's more or less the only ones liberals present. I doubt you have more than 5% real leftists in the US, but Chewy would call anyone that voted Hillary a libtard. Hillary who's closer to Trump than anything remotely left. Actually from an European perspective Hillary had some more rightleaning agendas than Trump. Atleast before the election.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Just from my perspective, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

Trump sounds anti-establishment, but his actual policies... ehhh, not really

People voted for him because they wanted change from the status quo on

1. illegal immigration - we got pieces of a wall and problem not solved
    2. healthcare - unaffordable care act still here, big insurance/pharma still racking in our tax dollars, and Republicans had nothing??
    3. forever wars - still going on...
    4. lower taxes for middle class - yeah, a tiny bit? except a lot of us in high tax states (CA, NY) are now paying MORE in taxes

5. college tuition & debt - status quo
    6. marijuana/drug war - status quo
    7. federal deficit/debt - status quo

latest example: 6 days ago he declared Antifa a terrorist group. Has that even officially happened yet? doesn't look like it.