Default Thunder shut down Al Horford for rest of season

The five-time All-Star will no longer be active as OKC looks to give younger players opportunities in the rotation.

Al Horford plans to train at the team facility, but he won’t play in Oklahoma City’s final 28 games,

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Thunder said Saturday that veteran center Al Horford will remain inactive for the rest of the season as the team’s young talent develops.

Horford, 34, averaged 14.2 points and 6.7 rebounds this season. The five-time All-Star will remain with the team and train, but he will not travel.

“When I arrived, I understood the direction of the team, we had a great individual plan in place for me, and I feel like as a result I’ve played really good basketball for the Thunder,” Horford said in a statement. “At the same time, I know what it’s like to be a young, aspiring player, and at this point in the season I understand how important playing meaningful minutes is for their careers and their development.”

Moses Brown, a 7-foot-1 two-way player who played 14 games in the G League this season, has shown promise with the Thunder. The second-year player from UCLA has averaged 11.4 points, 11.0 rebounds and 1.8 blocks the past eight games for Oklahoma City while shooting 58% from the field.
    Thunder coach Mark Daigneault said Horford has been a critical part of the development process for Brown and Isaiah Roby. Horford was impressed after Brown had 19 points and 12 rebounds against Memphis on Wednesday,

“Very special the way he’s been able to step in and have an impact, because it’s not so much about the numbers that he may be putting up,” he said. “Those are great. But just the impact that he’s having on the game. Defensively, his presence is felt. Rebounding-wise his presence is felt. He continues to get better finishing around the basket. I’ve just been very impressed with him — how composed he stays, how willing he is to learn.”
    He needs to be waive by the OKC Thunder. And sign with the Boston Celtics again.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Thunder shut down Al Horford for rest of season

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    The five-time All-Star will no longer be active as OKC looks to give younger players opportunities in the rotation.

Al Horford plans to train at the team facility, but he won’t play in Oklahoma City’s final 28 games,

He needs to be waive by the OKC Thunder. And sign with the Boston Celtics again.
    2 more years on his contract. He isn't getting waived

Decent college freshman

Why lol?

Tanking is what is actually bad for the NBA.

Shame on the Thunder for trying to be worse instead of better.

What is the point for Horford to be OK with this? Is money that important to you? That you can't get yourself bought out to go play on a contender? I guess it's better than him joining the Nets or one of the LA teams, because that is exactly what was gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Woke View Post
    Why lol?

Tanking is what is actually bad for the NBA.

Shame on the Thunder for trying to be worse instead of better.
    Is it ok for steph curry to tank while splash bro klay thompson is still out?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Is it ok for steph curry to tank while splash bro klay thompson is still out?
    Curry has been out with an injury you retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Woke View Post
    Curry has been out with an injury you retard.
    Well it seemed intentional dummy

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    What is the point for Horford to be OK with this? Is money that important to you? That you can't get yourself bought out to go play on a contender? I guess it's better than him joining the Nets or one of the LA teams, because that is exactly what was gonna happen
    The money is why he signed with Philly to begin with and I can't blame him as I would have done it too. Sure he's got millions but it's unlikely that he or his immediate descendants are ever going to see another hundred million dollar contract for anything. He's putting his great-grandkids through college. An NBA championship would be a great career highlight no doubt but if it costs him something like 40 million dollars it's not worth it.