Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: BREAKING: KD to Suns

Quote Originally Posted by nineiron View Post
    if it was Lebron that was traded to the Suns, no one would consider them a contender.

i wonder why?
    No such thing as cheap rings.
    This is how it is done today.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Damn, Mavericks and Suns are favorites coming out of the west right now
    not if you listen to ImKobe

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I don't think it's as crazy as you're making it out to be. The Mavs and Suns didn't improve by a lot. Both teams have depth issues and questions on defense as of right now.

Haha

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
    No such thing as cheap rings.
    This is how it is done today.
    There definitely are lol. You think KD doesn't get top 10 all time talk if his GSW rings were Olajuwon type rings? With the career accolades he has and simply how flat out good he is?

Denver > Mavs easy. If they are healthy, I can see only the Suns or Warriors if they make actual moves before deadline is done

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    thanks for your shitty post it contributed so much to our community
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Don't forget to report me to me.

Has a reporter gotten a hold of Manny98 for a comment yet? Let's get Nike D'Antoni on that.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Bridges , Cam and a couple 25th picks isn't much for KD. Great move for the Suns.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

I want Mavericks-Suns WCF AGAIN, with mavs coming back & winning in 7, AGAIN.

Sh!t would be epic.

Denver might not let that happen, tho.

Yeah, the Suns have to be the favorites now out West, if not in the entire league. The conference's parity was interesting while it lasted, but I figured some team would have to jump out of the pack soon enough.

Easily the blockbuster trade of the year. The Suns added a BITW candidate AND they kept the same nucleus that led us 2-0 (easily could've been 3-1) in the Finals. Not to mention, they've been elite defensively under Monty Williams.

Health is obviously a big if, and I indeed don't expect KD and CP3, for starters, to both be at full strength throughout the entire playoffs. But the team is talented enough that less-than-100% health is easily survivable, especially out West.

Who would've thought KD, Kyrie, and Harden all would've left the Nets within just two years? It just further ramifies all the hypotheticals of them winning it all in 2021, which—not even accounting for injuries—they easily could've if it weren't for KD's overlong shoe.

I'm not happy about having another juggernaut to contend with (it was uphill enough against the Celtics), but I won't mind seeing CP3 winning his first ring and KD cementing his legacy in the process if we must lose anyway.

Either way, we need a Suns-Mavs series. It's easily the most compelling rivalry in the league right now, even if Phoenix is comfortably favored at this point.
    Last edited by Naero; 02-09-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    Bridges , Cam and a couple 25th picks isn't much for KD. Great move for the Suns.
    I never understand in these trades why they didnt at least ask for one between Paul and Ayton.

The Suns obviousy still woud have pulled the trigger if one of Paul or Ayton was invoved.

But no, give them KD for basically free.

Quote Originally Posted by Naero View Post
    Yeah, the Suns have to be the favorites now out West, if not in the entire league. The conference's parity was interesting while it lasted, but I figured some team would have to jump out of the pack soon enough.

Easily the blockbuster trade of the year. The Suns added a BITW candidate AND they kept the same nucleus that led us 2-0 (easily could've been 3-1) in the Finals. Not to mention, they've been elite defensively under Monty Williams.

Health is obviously a big if, and I indeed don't expect KD and CP3, for starters, to both be at full strength throughout the entire playoffs. But the team is talented enough that less-than-100% health is easily survivable, especially out West.

Who would've thought KD, Kyrie, and Harden all would've left the Nets within just two years? It just further ramifies all the hypotheticals of them winning it all in 2021, which—not even accounting for injuries—they easily could've if it weren't for KD's overlong shoe.

I'm not happy about having another juggernaut to contend with (it was uphill enough against the Celtics), but I won't mind seeing CP3 winning his first ring and KD cementing his legacy in the process if we must lose anyway.

Either way, we need a Suns-Mavs series. It's easily the most compelling rivalry in the league right now, even if Phoenix is comfortably favored at this point.
    that series is what everyone wants. suns fans want revenge and the mav fans want to test their deadly backcourt duo.

idk if phoenix is favoredmaybe on paper but the nuggets still have a good chance. suns are lacking in depth. tj warren will be a nice boost in that department but suns could really use an upgrade at a 2nd string point guard. cam payne is so streaky and inconsistent.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    Yup. Cam and Mikael are studs, but you don't win by just hoarding good role players.

chris haynes claiming if Regiie Jackson gets bought out, Suns will pick him up. interesting. he would be a very good backup guard that would add much needed depth at that position. def an improvement over payne.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Has a reporter gotten a hold of Manny98 for a comment yet? Let's get Nike D'Antoni on that.
    Sources told me the last thing they heard from him was "more stars are coming". I'd like to know where said stars are.

Very good NBA starter

On paper this looks like a great team, but in reality, this looks more like Nets redux.

You have Durant and Booker who both need to shoot a lot. Chris Paul is old and a notorious choker. Ayton complains about not enough touches, with Booker alone, now as third option? Then Suns let go of Luka stopper Mikal Bridges and no longer have goon and tough guy Crowder.

This team is set up to implode.