Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How many times have all of us heard Hubie Brown say watch the in bounder?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    whats the evidence for it being 3.0 seconds?

ofc people will complain when decisions lack elementary logic
    You could argue that they tried to give the Cs as much time as possible to win the game, but then you have to wonder if the refs are in on this and bet on the spread, or the point total and were trying to get it to OT, or if the league pays them to make games as close as possible down the stretch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: How many times have all of us heard Hubie Brown say watch the in bounder?

Jay King: From Celtics PR: Derrick White’s buzzer-beater tonight was the second in NBA history by a player whose team was facing elimination and trailing at the time of the shot. The other? Michael Jordan over Craig Ehlo against the Cavaliers in the 1989 first round.
    – via Twitter ByJayKing

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Jay King: From Celtics PR: Derrick White’s buzzer-beater tonight was the second in NBA history by a player whose team was facing elimination and trailing at the time of the shot. The other? Michael Jordan over Craig Ehlo against the Cavaliers in the 1989 first round.
    – via Twitter ByJayKing
    I figured this was extraordinarily rare. And Jordan’s was just in the first round, this was with a trip to the Finals AND a potential 3-0 comeback in the balance

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

When they reviewed Jimmy's shot to see if it was a three they also looked at the EXACT time the foul actually occured.

Biggest take away for me was Butler getting caught up in the moment ball watching like a fan. Illsmak used the exact term I said on another board....lapse.

Just a lapse in concentration at the BIGGEST moment.

Same with Bam grabbing the rim and costing his team what was it 3 or 4 points?

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

When they reviewed Jimmy's shot to see if it was a three they also looked at the EXACT time the foul actually occured.

Biggest take away for me was Butler getting caught up in the moment ball watching like a fan. Illsmak used the exact term I said on another board....lapse.

Just a lapse in concentration at the BIGGEST moment.

Same with Bam grabbing the rim and costing his team what was it 3 or 4 points?

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Hubie Brown is one of my alltime favorite announcers/commentators.

The dude is like 90 years old and still sharp.
    And has a personality like the nicca that trained Rocky x cool white grandpa.

Anyone who doesn’t love Hubie Brown … I wanna fight you. today.