Default Biden sells border wall parts to thwart GOP push to use them

The Biden administration is quietly auctioning off millions of dollars’ worth of unused parts from former President Trump’s border wall for peanuts – in an apparent end-run around pending legislation in Congress.

But just last month, as part of its annual defense appropriations package, the Democrat-led Senate passed a Republican-sponsored bill aimed at forcing Biden to stem the worsening migrant crisis at the US-Mexico border by extending the wall.

Now, the Biden administration is rushing to get rid of the wall leftovers before the GOP-led House can pass a matching version of the bill and make it law, critics told The Post.

But GovPlanet is under strict instructions to keep the border-wall connection hush-hush.

“We are legally not allowed to mention these are the border wall materials, or we could lose our jobs,” a GovPlanet source told the Daily Upside, the financial newsletter that first reported the ongoing sales.

“President Biden has no regard for taxpayer dollars — or how his open border is bankrupting communities across the country that are footing the bill for his failures,” said Rep. Nicole Malliotakis (R-SI/Brooklyn), who is battling to bar migrant shelters from the city’s parks and military sites.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/19/biden-...h-to-use-them/

BIPARTISAN support in the Senate, and Biden's selling the beams off.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Biden sells border wall parts to thwart GOP push to use them

I would imagine that Trump has a lot of unused parts.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I stated this before - Trump : if he had made the wall the length of the border would of gone done as one of the top presidents in the country.
    Now he is ranked in my top 10 worst.

Putting up a wall that is a 1/3 of the length of the border makes it look like the South American people are clueless to walking around a wall.

biden and any other future presidents need to complete the whole border wall to make it worth it , IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I stated this before - Trump : if he had made the wall the length of the border would of gone done as one of the top presidents in the country.
    Now he is ranked in my top 10 worst.

Putting up a wall that is a 1/3 of the length of the border makes it look like the South American people are clueless to walking around a wall.

biden and any other future presidents need to complete the whole border wall to make it worth it , IMO
    So where would you rank a president who actively suppresses the construction of it?