1 5.88%
  • Official recession but textbook minimum

2 11.76%
  • It will be bad and carry on for a year or more

5 29.41%
  • Equal or worse than Housing Crisis 08-12

7 41.18%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: How bad will the upcoming recession be?

Paksat, nannyboy, aap, BigKobeFan, Chewbacca - the same idiots who look like fools once again. They never learn, do they?

Banned

A bunch of 20 year olds who live in their mommy and daddy's house and don't pay for groceries or utilities think Joe Biden's economy is doing great guys.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Paksat, nannyboy, aap, BigKobeFan, Chewbacca - the same idiots who look like fools once again. They never learn, do they?
    It was only a textbook minimum recession. You can pat yourself on the back but I don't know....in my industry things just look bad with even a bleaker short term outlook. I know consumer confidence is up versus the latter half of 2022 so maybe it's just me

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

The cost of everyday goods still through the roof, but blade would know nothing about that because his parents still do the shopping.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    its cummin
    Eventually a recession will hit. At some point in the future. But I do not believe any time soon.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

GDP next quarter is projected to be 2.1%. GDP as a whole for 2023 is projected to be 2.8% growth.

Textbook recession is back-to-back quarters with negative GDP. I do not believe we will see that for a quite some time because the moment we have 1 quarter in the red is when the Fed will lower interest rates and get back to throwing money around which will auto-boost to the economy back up. Having interest rates where they are is a great weapon that the Fed possesses, and they know that. That is why they are in no hurry to lower rates, they are saving it for when we need it most.

Serious playground baller

It is also worth mentioning that the US is back to out-pacing China in GDP. And the US Dollar has gained big against the Yuan.

If you think the US played covid poorly then all you need to do is look at China. Although I put microchips inside of the populations of both countries.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    Textbook recession is back-to-back quarters with negative GDP. I do not believe we will see that for a quite some time
    It already happened right after the creation of this thread with the 2nd straight quarter, ending in June, with negative growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    It is also worth mentioning that the US is back to out-pacing China in GDP. And the US Dollar has gained big against the Yuan.

If you think the US played covid poorly then all you need to do is look at China. Although I put microchips inside of the populations of both countries.
    The rest of the world too dealt with inflation quite a bit worse than the US after the shutdowns opened.

It wasn't just the US as buffoons might try to point out. Oil prices are up and have been since last year across the entire world, worse in most countries that don't nationalize their oil. Countries like Saudi Arabia and China nationalize their oil.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    The rest of the world too dealt with inflation quite a bit worse than the US after the shutdowns opened.

It wasn't just the US as buffoons might try to point out. Oil prices are up and have been since last year across the entire world, worse in most countries that don't nationalize their oil. Countries like Saudi Arabia and China nationalize their oil.
    true - saw a study the other day , many nations are not only struggling with price increase as we are , but shortages , because of global warming.
    Today 9/22 pubs ,and demo's are working together to figure out how to stop the increase.
    My area gas prices have dropped all most 40 cents. But some say the spike was attributed to labor day weekend holiday.
    Food is still costing 20% more , but I coup with it.
    People hit hard by fire , or hurricanes can't imagine what they are going thru financially.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    The cost of everyday goods still through the roof, but blade would know nothing about that because his parents still do the shopping.

blade isn’t gonna touch this one even with a 10 foot pole