I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Florida Legislature Approves Law Banning Water Breaks and Cooling Measures for Worker

https://www.citizen.org/news/florida...s-for-workers/

The Florida House of Representatives today voted to approve legislation specifically intended to prohibit local workplace standards requiring drinking water, cooling measures, recovery periods, posting or distributing materials informing workers how to protect themselves, and requiring first aid or emergency responses. The senate approved the measure yesterday.
    In Florida of all places, the weather there is dreadful. Any osha experts here? If a construction worker passes out due to heat stroke and dehydration, is hospitalized and loses work over this he gets workman’s comp right?

Default Re: Florida Legislature Approves Law Banning Water Breaks and Cooling Measures for Wo

Bringing the country back to the 19th century. This is why unions are important for reversing shenanigans like that. Florida is swinging the pendulum to the opposite extreme of California. Both have gone too far in recent years.

Default Re: Florida Legislature Approves Law Banning Water Breaks and Cooling Measures for Wo

I guess I don't quite understand this move. So they're doing this so OSHA starts to mandate these breaks and safety measures versus the local government? If so, I agree with that... [Edit: but those are only minimal standards, local government should have the right to supersede those as they're more familiar with their environment]. I just don't know this is the way to go about it. Horrible neverless, shame on texas and florida
    Last edited by rawimpact; 03-11-2024 at 02:59 PM.