Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74754555657

Default Re: Rate the last Movie you watched

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous View Post
    Somewhere in the C+ to B- range. It's good criticism though in that I actually wanted more.
    yeah i agree with you on the lack of backstory. and that scene in particular where they are attacking the whitehouse, it was a great combat scene and jarring to see that happen...especially with the presidential vehicle being used as a decoy and it being made look like a joke against an army.

secret service when they watch that scene:

Godzilla Minus One is pretty awesome.

National High School Star

The Promised Land just overtook Late Night with the Devil as my new best movie of the year.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

THE IRON CLAW - 8/10

Holy shit this movie made me cry. Had to pause that shit to recoup. As an old-school wrestling fan, it was a decent story. A little perplexed as to why they left Chris Von Erich out of it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    THE IRON CLAW - 8/10

Holy shit this movie made me cry. Had to pause that shit to recoup. As an old-school wrestling fan, it was a decent story. A little perplexed as to why they left Chris Von Erich out of it.
    There’s only so many dead brothers they can fit into a 2 hour movie

When the movie came out I didn’t really have a desire to watch it but I randomly watched a documentary about all the deaths in their family. Then I realized Iron Claw was about them so I decided to give it a watch when it came to streaming. Watching the Documentary first actually wasn’t bad, I could understand what’s going on more, I was never big into wrestling and that period was before my time a bit so getting some background info was good.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    There’s only so many dead brothers they can fit into a 2 hour movie

When the movie came out I didn’t really have a desire to watch it but I randomly watched a documentary about all the deaths in their family. Then I realized Iron Claw was about them so I decided to give it a watch when it came to streaming. Watching the Documentary first actually wasn’t bad, I could understand what’s going on more, I was never big into wrestling and that period was before my time a bit so getting some background info was good.
    Another thing that bothered me, but that's probably me being more picky than anything, is how the actor that played Kerry was such a small guy. Kerry Von Erich was a huge beast of a man.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

The actor who played Rick Flair was the worst part of the movie for me, but good movie nonetheless.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Another thing that bothered me, but that's probably me being more picky than anything, is how the actor that played Kerry was such a small guy. Kerry Von Erich was a huge beast of a man.

Yeah them not being the size of Wrestlers was pretty noticeable at first but I was able to get over it