NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Post Kevin Durant went a month without speaking to Frank Vogel

https://x.com/FirstTake/status/1790039516234821849

"Here's where Mike Wilbon didn't go into the details that all of us covering the NBA are fully aware of: Kevin Durant, in Phoenix, is a problem," Smith said. "It is a problem. You don't see it because the stats are there. Him and (Devin) Booker averaging 27 points a game and what have you. But they say Kevin Durant is never happy. They say he went more than a month without even talking to the head coach. They say he doesn't look happy there and all he wants to do is play when the game starts and tip-off arrives. But when it comes to ingratiating yourself with your teammates and getting along with everybody and stuff like that, he just lives in his own world."
    -SAS

Default Re: Kevin Durant went a month without speaking to Frank Vogel

Fragile in body and mind. Strikes me as the type of person who never leaves their comfort zone. Passive aggressive, avoidant type.

I can definitely see that.

Weird pouty dude.

Curry stans seem to hate him so much.

I honestly never understood why Vogel wanted that job, unless it was strictly about the payday. It was obvious they had too much apathy (Durant) and roster inflexibility (CP was there on a big contract when Vogel took the job, eventually flipped for Beal's overpaid deal.) Booker is fine, he's a solid number 2, but they have nothing else.

It's so obvious Durant is a locker room negative at this point, and yet teams continue to trade for him and coaches want to coach him. People seriously havin goldfish brains out here. They dont or cant recognize patterns. People keep believing something is going to change or be different when there is no historical basis for thinking so. It's just weird.

Hey guys, Ben Simmons is gonna DOMINATE next year!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I honestly never understood why Vogel wanted that job, unless it was strictly about the payday. It was obvious they had too much apathy (Durant) and roster inflexibility (CP was there on a big contract when Vogel took the job, eventually flipped for Beal's overpaid deal.) Booker is fine, he's a solid number 2, but they have nothing else.

It's so obvious Durant is a locker room negative at this point, and yet teams continue to trade for him and coaches want to coach him. People seriously havin goldfish brains out here. They dont or cant recognize patterns. People keep believing something is going to change or be different when there is no historical basis for thinking so. It's just weird.

Hey guys, Ben Simmons is gonna DOMINATE next year!
    They offered him a 5 year 30+ million contract. To be honest I wouldn’t have put it past Vogel to have foreseen a toxic situation where he gets canned….and he gets to get paid 5 million dollars a year for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    They offered him a 5 year 30+ million contract. To be honest I wouldn’t have put it past Vogel to have foreseen a toxic situation where he gets canned….and he gets to get paid 5 million dollars a year for nothing.

Would be hilarious tbh.

Especially if Bud’s doin the same thing now

Coaches, get in line for that Phoenix payday!

Next year one of the Van Gundy’s gonna come out of retirement

You can't coach when the top player does that.

After coaching LeCoachKiller, you would think Vogel would stay away from pouty stars. Oh well, it's Budenholzer's problem now.