Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: (2) Nuggets vs. (3) Timberwolves Second Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    It's obvious no one else is as responsible for letting joker drop a huge 35 points against them.
    Dudes bringing up single game +/- like we all didn't see Rudy didn't get fried possession after possession by Jokic

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Dudes bringing up single game +/- like we all didn't see Rudy didn't get fried possession after possession by Jokic
    He kept jokic from a triple double and they out scored the other team by 9 in his minutes while dominating the boards. I guess we all didnt see their 2nd option go 4-18 or their bench get dominated?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    He kept jokic from a triple double and they out scored the other team by 9 in his minutes while dominating the boards. I guess we all didnt see their 2nd option go 4-18 or their bench get dominated?
    Nice work.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Nice work.
    Only held him to 35/7/7 DPOY!

It is easy to clown Gobert but i think this series is really judgement time for Kat. He has a tendency to make dumb plays in the playoffs, not at westbrook level but he does remind me of Russ at times. He is going to have to show up in order to get past Denver. If he wets the bed it might be time to move off him.

In a league where the offense has a big advantage no one is stopping an all time great. When the teams best minutes are when you are on the court you have bigger problems like your 2nd option and bench not showing up and a role player going 11-12

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    It is easy to clown Gobert but i think this series is really judgement time for Kat. He has a tendency to make dumb plays in the playoffs, not at westbrook level but he does remind me of Russ at times. He is going to have to show up in order to get past Denver. If he wets the bed it might be time to move off him.
    Westbrook is a good comparison. He's trying to force the issue too much at times. I like that he's being aggressive and attacking(like WB), but also like WB he's trying to do too much instead of letting the game come to him. That being said, he's a rare talent that's incredibly valuable to a contending team. A 40+% 3 point shooter(who is shooting 54% in the playoffs so far) who can defend and rebound with decent lateral movement for a big AND can create his own shot when it calls for it? I don't know how many other players in the league checks those boxes.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Refs let Jokic get beat up, too. If it was any other superstar I guarantee they're shooting 15 ft's per game.

https://realgm.com/

Rudy Gobert has been fined $75,000 for making an inappropriate and unprofessional gesture that questions the integrity of the league and its game officials, it was announced today by Joe Dumars, Executive Vice President, Head of Basketball Operations. The fine takes into account Gobert’s history of improper conduct toward game officials.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

It's not the first time you say this, but it remains false. As for the assists, the Nuggets were missing on several great passes for easy looks. The rebounding part was Jokic' own doing. Sure, it's tough getting offensive rebounds with Gobert (and KAT) being there, so this is at least partially true. On the defensive end though it was more of a problem in Jokic' game than a feat of Gobert. (On offense, Jokic had to put up a few end of shotclock threes that had no business going in, plus he missed two wide open up-close shots. Could've been a 40 point triple double on 65%. It wasn't because Jokic had an awful 3rd quarter. When he came back in the 4th it was 16 points nobody could do anything about.)

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I agree with the observation that KAT was worse in these defeats than Gobert. For some reason I'm more surprised when Towns steps up as opposed to when he does not. Seems to be a fragile character. Probably a nice guy to be around, just not someone you can count on when in desperate need.

https://realgm.com/

Rudy Gobert has been fined $75,000 for making an inappropriate and unprofessional gesture that questions the integrity of the league and its game officials, it was announced today by Joe Dumars, Executive Vice President, Head of Basketball Operations. The fine takes into account Gobert’s history of improper conduct toward game officials.
    Once a loser and a headcase always a loser and a headcase

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Once a loser and a headcase always a loser and a headcase
    The loser and headcase not playing in Puerto Rico.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Nice work.

Gobert getting obliterated.