Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it just me or was Naz Reid actually giving Jokic trouble on defense?

Since switching to Toody on Jokic Denver has been steamrolling them

Default Re: Is it just me or was Naz Reid actually giving Jokic trouble on defense?

Jokic has always owned Gobert

Default Re: Is it just me or was Naz Reid actually giving Jokic trouble on defense?

the french baguette is getting the work from jokic for sure, this isn't a troll attempt at xaio ether

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Jokic has always owned Gobert
    Gobert 20-19 vs Jokic. Facts and trolls never mix

Jokic just hit a beautiful 3 right over Gobert. Newsflash Gobert can't guard the perimeter!

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Nah, Gobert defended him well. If you watch closely he stayed with him through all the fakes and fancy footwork, just a classic case of good defense, better offense. It happens, especially when you’re trying to guard the best player in the world.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Nah, Gobert defended him well. If you watch closely he stayed with him through all the fakes and fancy footwork, just a classic case of good defense, better offense. It happens, especially when you’re trying to guard the best player in the world.
    That's the way I saw it myself. Gobert had a good game. I think he was the best player for the Wolves out there tonight. He just can't do anything when Jokic has it going and decides to score. Nobody can. Like peak Shaq just in a different way. You try your best against him... you won't succeed.

BTW, we (well, some of us, including me) had a feeling Jokic is 'not really bringing it' this postseason. He is still leading all players in efficiency and (save for AD) by a large margin. Close to 29/13/10 on 56%FG while being guarded by the best defenders and much of the time double and sometimes triple teamed. If the Nuggets win this series, the rest of the remaining bigs won't be this much of a problem. Neither Lively nor Chet can cause serious trouble. Hartenstein may, Porzingis sure will not.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

That wont be a popular take on ISH

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Naz Reid needs more minutes.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    BTW, we (well, some of us, including me) had a feeling Jokic is 'not really bringing it' this postseason. He is still leading all players in efficiency and (save for AD) by a large margin.
    Large margin is right. Jokic EFF 41.4 in 10 games. Next up among others in the 2nd round: SGA 31.1, Antman 31.0, then Luka and Tatum at 27.7.

The gap between Gobert as the help defender vs KAT or Reid is much wider than as the man defender. KAT, especially is prone to lapses on defense when he's off the ball.

Rudy is actually playing good D but that Jokic guy is pretty good. It's kind of a flashback to Hakeem and Robinson in 1995 although I think Rudy is actually defending Jokic better than Robinson defended Hakeem because Rob went for too many pump fakes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Naz makes Jokic work on defense though. He has to be guarded everywhere out to 25 feet. Against Toots Yolk can basically rest on defense which gives him more energy to expend on offense.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Naz makes Jokic work on defense though. He has to be guarded everywhere out to 25 feet. Against Toots Yolk can basically rest on defense which gives him more energy to expend on offense.
    I disagree. It’s not like Reid is running Jokic through multiple screens or something. Spot up shooters who don’t move around are incredibly easy to guard. I think Jokic has to work harder trying to keep Rudy off the glass, which he actually did a good job of despite only 7 boards.

Jokic is hitting super tough contested shots on Rudy. It's not exactly his fault. If a guy makes those shots, you tip the hat to him!