Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Jalen Brunson a top 3 best Knicks player ever?

Has he reach that level?

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Re: Is Jalen Brunson a top 3 best Knicks player ever?

I think he is if we’re going by best player as a Knick for a single season, but if we’re putting longevity into account he hasn’t been in ny long enough, so it’s Reed, Frazier and Ewing.

I'm not sure if he reach that level.

Brunson is the best guard in the league, better than Edwards and still gets zero credit. Keep in mind he is injured.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    Brunson is the best guard in the league, better than Edwards and still gets zero credit. Keep in mind he is injured.
    I would rather have Edwards, easily. Right now Brunson is in a situation where they need everything he's got every time they play. He's a tough-minded playerwhose effort you have to respect and then you add in the soft Pacer defense and it's a recipe for some historic basketball. When he faces a tough defense he'll still play like an allstar but he's not going to be going for 40 every other night.

LETS pump the brakes when it comes to Brunson! Is he an absolute All-Star caliber PG at this point? YES!!! BUT if I listed the top 10 PG's in the league right now, it's NO LOCK Brunson makes that top 10. BUT the PG position has been the DEEPEST POSITION in terms of talent in the league for some time now. So guys who are top 12-15 caliber PG's in the league are guys who can get you at least 20+PPG. He's on squad WHERE THEY NEED HIM to put up huge points with Randle and others out. And to his credit, he can up the ante.

BUT Steph, Luka, SGA, Dame, Fox, Halliburton, Murray, Trae, Kyrie (if you consider him and Luka like a dual PG backcourt ala Norm-Magic) etc. COULD ABSOLUTELY up the ante in scoring in that same type of fashion as well with the way the Knicks are set up at this point. My point is IF you are AT BEST a top 9-12 PG in the league now, being a top 3 Knick ever peak-prime wise DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! And GOAT wise, he SURE AS HELL has no case!!! NOW if we are talking top 3 guards in Knick history peak-prime wise, that's top 3 type of deal JB can crack quicker.

National High School Star

The Captain
    Ewing
    Clyde
    The Pearl
    Bernard King

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post
    LETS pump the brakes when it comes to Brunson! Is he an absolute All-Star caliber PG at this point? YES!!! BUT if I listed the top 10 PG's in the league right now, it's NO LOCK Brunson makes that top 10. BUT the PG position has been the DEEPEST POSITION in terms of talent in the league for some time now. So guys who are top 12-15 caliber PG's in the league are guys who can get you at least 20+PPG. He's on squad WHERE THEY NEED HIM to put up huge points with Randle and others out. And to his credit, he can up the ante.

BUT Steph, Luka, SGA, Dame, Fox, Halliburton, Murray, Trae, Kyrie (if you consider him and Luka like a dual PG backcourt ala Norm-Magic) etc. COULD ABSOLUTELY up the ante in scoring in that same type of fashion as well with the way the Knicks are set up at this point. My point is IF you are AT BEST a top 9-12 PG in the league now, being a top 3 Knick ever peak-prime wise DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! And GOAT wise, he SURE AS HELL has no case!!! NOW if we are talking top 3 guards in Knick history peak-prime wise, that's top 3 type of deal JB can crack quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I would rather have Edwards, easily. Right now Brunson is in a situation where they need everything he's got every time they play. He's a tough-minded playerwhose effort you have to respect and then you add in the soft Pacer defense and it's a recipe for some historic basketball. When he faces a tough defense he'll still play like an allstar but he's not going to be going for 40 every other night.
    He's doing this injured, on a an injury-ridden team

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Not yet. Maybe if he finishes his career with the team or plays through his early 30’s with the team. So many great Knicks legends ahead of him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil View Post

Brunson is definitely a lock for top 10 pg this season and probably going forward. No doubt about it.

Good High School Starter

He had one great season and he is already one of the top 3 Knicks of all-time? Ever heard of Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Bill Bradley, Bernard King, Patrick Ewing, Latrell Sprewell,Carmelo Anthony, etc.? I find it amusing when fans get carried away like this.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    He's doing this injured, on a an injury-ridden team
    And he deserves a lot of respect but that doesn't mean he's better than Edwards. Ant would annihilate these Pacers.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by pandiani17 View Post
    He had one great season and he is already one of the top 3 Knicks of all-time? Ever heard of Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Bill Bradley, Bernard King, Patrick Ewing, Latrell Sprewell,Carmelo Anthony, etc.? I find it amusing when fans get carried away like this.
    Yes, it's too soon. As a Knick: Allan Houston > Brunson

Quote Originally Posted by pandiani17 View Post
    Top 3 best Knicks player, not top 3 Knicks.