• Curry

9 32.14%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Peak Jokic vs Peak Curry

Who do you got?

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Re: Peak Jokic vs Peak Curry

Joker, easy. I love Steph Curry, but he has a lot of issues in the playoffs. Joker otoh, rises to the occasion when you need him most. The only players who have been able to consistently do that in the playoffs have been Jordan, Lebron, Kawhi and Big Honey; very short list.

I went with Joker as well. I am a big Steph fan but Jokic is more consistent and can adjust better to the defense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Curry is a top 10 player all time ~ 4 rings all with superstar production, GOAT season, only UMVP in history, etc.

But... he's capable of having bad games. Yolk might be the GOAT because he simply doesn't have bad games.

Local High School Star

There is no question Curry is the better player. Jokic's game relies on one thing- his being bigger and heavier than other players. Without that, he is merely an above-average player- a good shot and a passer. Jokic barrels into the defender, creating open looks and double teams he can pass out of. Were he DeMarcus Cousins doing the same thing, he would foul out of the game.

Curry brings an unparalleled skill to the game that is obvious by watching him. Amazing handles, can dribble past anyone, absolute wizardry in ball-handling and facillitating, dribble penetration and finding teammates whereever they are, one of the best finishers at the rim, the best passer in the game, best off the ball, the best shooter in the game. And not spot up 3. That's not skill. He creates 3's, and still shoots at a high %, much higher difficulty than spot-up 3 pt shooters which adds minimal value to the team offense.

Superior conditioning. Curry at 35 has more in his legs down the stretch of a game than Jokic has in his 20s. The difference in conditioning shows in the quality of their play in the 2nd half.

Klay Thompson would be a 3 and D nobody on any other team. We wouldn't even be talking about him were he not on the Warriors. His wide open looks owe to Curry's gravity. Curry's ability to make people around him great is second to none. Look at Andrew Wiggins' emergence since he played with Steph. Jokic has that ability too with Aaron Gordon as an example, but Curry is famous for it- and has produced more as a result.

Neither player excels on defense but Curry is 100% committed and his work in the gym and conditioning shows. Jokic is simply too slow, doesn't contest well on the perimeter, and is lagging at the end of the game.

It's not easy to win 4 rings. Of players that won their first championship fully in the 2000s (2000-2001), it is exceedingly rare. Tony Parker and LeBron were the only other ones of that same era. If you look at anyone who won their first rings after 2010's- it's just LeBron and Curry as leaders of their teams.

To compare jokic to Demarcus cousins is so absurd there aren't even words in the English or any world language for that matter to describe it. We would have to travel to another galaxy and learn a higher dimensional form of communication to describe how bad that comparison is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Curry makes his team better

Jokic racks up more counting stats though so I expect that will influence most posters

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Curry is a top 10 player all time ~ 4 rings all with superstar production, GOAT season, only UMVP in history, etc.

But... he's capable of having bad games. Yolk might be the GOAT because he simply doesn't have bad games.
    Stop lying. We are just a week removed from people questioning Jokic greatness because of two bad games where he shot 42 percent and had 11 turnovers and to the eye was playing uninspired and borderline overmatched by the Timberwolves defense.

Do better troll

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post

Jokic racks up more counting stats though so I expect that will influence most posters
    Jokic makes his teammates better too wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Yup. They both do. Jokic hasn't really had a 2016 Finals thing happen though. Unless you count the bubble vs Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Stop lying. We are just a week removed from people questioning Jokic greatness because of two bad games where he shot 42 percent and had 11 turnovers and to the eye was playing uninspired and borderline overmatched by the Timberwolves defense.

Do better troll
    And now they're up 3-2 and spanking them dummy.

Wisen up, you hear me?

Where did I say Jokic doesn’t? lol

Ok i’ll put this in a more simplistic manner…

Who is a better off ball player? Steph Curry or Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Where did I say Jokic doesn’t? lol

Ok i’ll put this in a more simplistic manner…

Who is a better off ball player? Steph Curry or Jokic

You literally just passive aggressively implied a contrast in your post earlier.

Steph's reliance on 3s leads to more variance day to day. Joker has been much more consistent in the playoffs.

You literally just passive aggressively implied a contrast in your post earlier.
    no….

They both obviously make their teammates better, that’s like an absolute given, I was saying Steph helps his teammates more, there was no implication that Jokic doesn’t make his team better and no one would ever try to argue that in a basketball discussion.

long story short you are being autistic af