28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jokic

19 67.86%
  • Curry

9 32.14%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: Peak Jokic vs Peak Curry

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Murray and mpj injured 1st round, no Ja Memphis 2nd, even younger Luka without Kyrie and worse front court, and a worse version of Boston? Lol
    This. I forgot both mpj and murray were absent in the first round two years ago.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

joker is the real deal.

It ain't so fun Mask the Embiid's Avatar

I guess the peak is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    I guess the peak is over?

When was Embiids peak? Was it losing to the Hawks, or the Raps?

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Personally, I have the 15 point on 5/18 Game 7 against Boston last year. That's when I knew he had officially ended the Jokic "debate".

dominant center with all-time skills > dominant pg with all-time skills

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Personally, I have the 15 point on 5/18 Game 7 against Boston last year. That's when I knew he had officially ended the Jokic "debate".
    It was when he grabbed Mitchell Robinson’s leg after he missed b2b flop calls. Most players wouldn’t have flopped the second time after the 3 point flop didn’t work out at the other end, but they don’t possess the mental fortitude of an Embiid. No one does. Embiid heroically drops to the floor again, dude just keeps on coming. And to have the wherewithal to grab Robinson’s leg… the competitiveness, the fire. It’s when I knew Embiid not only crushed the Wilt debate, but the MJ and Lebron debate as well. GOAT.

Good college starter

No it would be much tougher. GS had a first round bye facing Denver without Murray and MPJ. Next round Ja got hurt. Then they faced a weaker version of Dallas.
    Looks like the comparison ended sooner than anticipated and will have to wait again for next year. Jokic did not end up facing Dallas or Boston. Curry still more impressive.

Most of you guys still fail to comprehend just how absurdly high Curry's peak was.

Steph makes more impact on offense, I can't see a peak Steph led team that was a high seed getting completely bottled like this on offense in back to back games in 2024...I guess you could argue Jokic edges ahead because of defense but he's not really a great defender so I wouldn't.

Lmao at jokic even being mentioned with curry. It's like these mofos watching games with jokic family pointing guns to their head.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    Looks like the comparison ended sooner than anticipated and will have to wait again for next year. Jokic did not end up facing Dallas or Boston. Curry still more impressive.

Most of you guys still fail to comprehend just how absurdly high Curry's peak was.
    Both have absurd peaks. Both might be the best offensive players ever for their position, which is the reason why I made this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Steph makes more impact on offense, I can't see a peak Steph led team that was a high seed getting completely bottled like this on offense in back to back games in 2024...I guess you could argue Jokic edges ahead because of defense but he's not really a great defender so I wouldn't.
    Denver has regularly had a better defense with their center on the bench for most of his PS career. Pretty awful considering he's a center. Jokic's playmaking and offense is disgusting though, I don't know how many decades it will take to see another center do both at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Denver has regularly had a better defense with their center on the bench for most of his PS career. Pretty awful considering he's a center. Jokic's playmaking and offense is disgusting though, I don't know how many decades it will take to see another center do both at that level.
    He's not a good defender, but he's not Kanter either so he still likely has more impact on that end than a point guard who's not stellar. I'd take Curry overall though because I don't think the defensive edge for Jokic is enough to make up the offensive gap. As good as Jokic is on offense, I've never seen anyone warp a game on offense like Curry. Curry would be the GOAT if guys like LeBron, Kareem and MJ weren't so impactful on defense.

Local High School Star

Anyone watching the Wolves- Nuggets series realizes that Jokic ran out of gas. I've said this before, there are great players in the league that do not put in the work in the gym and it costs them- Kevin Durant, Nowitzki. Curry fit this bill for many years but he bulked up and took his condition to the top. You need to set the standard for the team. If you look at players like LeBron, Jordan, and now Curry- they do the work off the court. It matters in terms of all time greatness. You can't serve your team when you are lumbering around in Q4 hardly playing D.