Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: best concert you saw live/one you never saw live but wish you did

Quote Originally Posted by post View Post
    slipknot was one of the openers for sabbath

Saw them at the 2012 Mayhem Fest. They headlined the main stage along with Slayer and Motorhead (rip Lemme)

Was right of center stage, 8 rows back.

Another great show was Jane's Addiction with Live opening up. Was pleasantly surprised how great Live sounded.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Really wish I could have seen Soundgarden before Chris died.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Saw them at the 2012 Mayhem Fest. They headlined the main stage along with Slayer and Motorhead (rip Lemme)

Was right of center stage, 8 rows back.

Another great show was Jane's Addiction with Live opening up. Was pleasantly surprised how great Live sounded.
    cool

i like slayer and motorhead but didn't see either live

College superstar

Best live events I’ve been to? Not just including musical acts?

Esham - Temple Bar Santa Monica, California 2008.

David Icke - Human Race Get Off Your Kees lecture Santa Monica Auditorium 2011.

Eric Clapton / Steve Winwood - Hollywood Bowl 2009

David Copperfield - Caesar’s Palace Las Vegas, Nevada 1997

The Vandals - Warped Tour San Francisco, California Pier 32 2001

Jordan Maxwell - The Misunderstood Idea Known As Lucifer Conscious Life Expo LAX Hilton 2011

Joe Cocker - Greek Theater Los Angeles, California 2012

Atmosphere - Ventura Theater 2019

Steve Winwood is a musical genius.

Most notable probably Yngwie Malmsteen and Ghostface Killah. Was gonna see Carcass before covid put an end to their tour.

RATM, saw them up close at the House of Blues in LA mid 90s so they were at their peak. Easily the best concert I went to, they're awesome live.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Really wish I could have seen Soundgarden before Chris died.
    I saw Soundgarden at Lollapalooza around 97 with Metallica, Devo, The Off Spring and a few other bands...great show.

Bands I wish I saw live but never did, there's a bunch like Tool (still have a shot so they're on my bucket list), but bands I wish I did but never have, AC/DC with Bon Scott (way too young when Scott died RIP), Dio with Black Sabbath, my favorite line up and Judas Priest with Tipton and KK Downing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    I saw Soundgarden at Lollapalooza around 97 with Metallica, Devo, The Off Spring and a few other bands...great show.
    Bands I wish I saw live but never did, there's a bunch like Tool (still have a shot so they're on my bucket list), but bands I wish I did but never have, AC/DC with Bon Scott (way too young when Scott died RIP), Dio with Black Sabbath, my favorite line up and Judas Priest with Tipton and KK Downing.
    saw metallica and acdc

good shows

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Steve Winwood is a musical genius.

RATM, saw them up close at the House of Blues in LA mid 90s so they were at their peak. Easily the best concert I went to, they're awesome live.
    saw a video of them at woodstock on youtube

good band

saw metallica and acdc

good shows
    metallica was the first concert i ever went to

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Most notable probably Yngwie Malmsteen and Ghostface Killah. Was gonna see Carcass before covid put an end to their tour.
    was into yngwie at one point a bit and some others that play instrumentals (greg howe for example)

carcass is cool

didn't see any live though

was into yngwie at one point a bit and some others that play instrumentals (greg howe for example)

carcass is cool

didn't see any live though
    probably should mention buckethead too since i think that's the last concert i went to about 20 years ago